Work At The Polls
Thank you for your interest in serving as a poll worker!
Your participation in our democratic process is essential as our nation seeks to fulfill its pledge of “one nation…with liberty and justice for all.” Once selected and trained to serve the public by working at one of Bradley County’s polling precincts, you will be an important member of our election team.
Election days can sometimes be demanding, but at the end of the day you can be proud of a job well done. You will know that your service has helped to advance the cause of democracy, a right that many of us sometimes take for granted.
Administrator of Elections
Requirements to work at the polls in Bradley County
What is required of a poll worker?
- Be available for the entire Election Day.
- Work from 6:30am until all work is complete. Polls close at 8:00 pm.
- Attend poll worker training school before elections.
When am I needed?
- We need you whenever elections are scheduled.
Is there training?
- The Administrator of Elections will train all clerks and poll workers prior to each election. You will be trained in the operation of Microvote Machine, plus your duties and responsibilities as an election official. In total, the training will be about 1 hour long and attendance at these training schools is mandatory.
What are the responsibilities of a poll worker?
- Report at 6:30am am at your assigned precinct. Prepare the precinct for voting. Set up voting equipment. Greet the voters. Verify their registration and provide them with the appropriate ballot. At the end of the day, close the precinct and prepare election materials for delivery to the Election Commission Office.
Will I work in my precinct?
- If possible, we will assign you to your precinct or close by. However, you must be able to work at any precinct.
How much will I be paid?
- Officer $115.00
- Registrar $95.00
- Judge $95.00
- School Training $15.00
How do I apply?
- Click Here To Download The Poll Worker Application Form
- Please click here for the Student Pollworker Application
- Complete the form and submit to our office in person or by: